Academic book request
Project Planning, Implementations and Evaluation: A Guide for Nurses and Interprofessional TeamsAuthors: James L. Harris, Linda A. Roussel, Catherine Dearman, Tricia Thomas
Project Planning and Management: A Guide for Nurses and Interprofessional Teams, Fourth Edition provides the framework, knowledge, and skills to successfully plan and implement quality improvement projects and assess their sustainability. These skills are a crucial part of healthcare education programs and ongoing healthcare innovation. Because students and clinicians often struggle with taking an idea from the planning phase to execution and assessment, this text is the perfect how-to guide.
The Fourth Edition has been updated to focus on advancing the knowledge and collaboration among interprofessional teams. The authors reinforce these ideas with new content related to budget strategies, cost calculations, big data as well as emphasising the value of project sustainability.
Features and Benefits
- Understanding the difference between quality improvement and improvement research
- Identifying influencers and determinants of improvement projects
- Using tools and analysis to advocate for improvement projects
- How to use findings to frame projects, link the fidelity of evidence to a project, budget planning and benefits, project financing, cost/quality equation, the IRB process, and leaders or improvement sponsors
- How to use technology to manage big data outcomes and assess value
- Measuring project value organisationally and globally
- Real-world examples reinforce key concepts
- Project Management
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Quality Improvement
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Key Foundations of Successful Quality Project Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, and Management: An Overview
- Chapter 2 Quality Improvement Projects and Quality Improvement Research: Advancing Translational Science
- Chapter 3 Implementation Science, Team Science, ad Translational Science: The Value for Improvement Projects
- Chapter 4 Forming and Managing a Synergistic Interprofessional Improvement Team
- Chapter 5 Making the Case for a Project: Organizational and Needs Assessment
- Chapter 6 Using Findings from Organizational Analysis and Clinical Needs Assessment to Frame Improvement Projects and Implementation
- Chapter 7 Synthesizing, Leveling and Assessing the Fidelity of Evidence in Support of Project Implementation and Proposed Interventions
- Chapter 8 Building the Improvement Project Budget: Quantifying the Cost and Quality Equation
- Chapter 9 Information Management in Clinical Projects: Technology, Metrics and Measurement
- Chapter 10 The Institutional Review Board Process
- Chapter 11 Big Data and Information Systems: Understanding the Value for Improvement Projects
- Chapter 12 Measuring the Value of Projects Within Organizations, Healthcare Systems, and Globally
- Chapter 13 Innovation, Diffusion, and Dissemination of Improvement Project Outcomes
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!