Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Pathophysiology: A Practical ApproachAuthor: Lachel Story
Pathophysiology: A Practical Approach, Fourth Edition provides an innovative, practice-ready, approach to foundational pathophysiology for nursing students. The text is organized by body system and is presented in an easy-to-read format with vibrant graphics and practice tools. This student-friendly approach empowers readers to take a more active role in learning pathophysiology.
Features and Benefits
- New and updated case studies foster successful transition to practice
- Emerging Research offers state-of-the-science insights
- Expanded content on lifespan considerations
- New chapter on psychiatric mental health
- Real-world misconceptions about health and disease are challenged with Myth Busters
- Navigate Premier Access featuring 50+ updated animations demonstrating physiological processes and health alterations, videos, interactive lectures, weblinks
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Cellular Function
- Chapter 2 Immunity
- Chapter 3 Hematopoietic Function
- Chapter 4 Cardiovascular Function
- Chapter 5 Respiratory Function
- Chapter 6 Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Homeostasis
- Chapter 7 Urinary Function
- Chapter 8 Reproductive Function
- Chapter 9 Gastrointestinal Function
- Chapter 10 Endocrine Function
- Chapter 11 Neural Function
- Chapter 12 Musculoskeletal Function
- Chapter 13 Integumentary Function
- Chapter 14 Sensory Function