Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Crowley’s An Introduction to Human Disease: Pathology and Pathophysiology CorrelationsAuthors: Emily Reisner, Howard Reisner
Updated to keep pace with the many changes in the field, Crowley’s An Introduction to Human Disease: Pathology and Pathophysiology Correlations, Eleventh Edition provides readers with a clear, well-illustrated explanation of the structural and functional changes associated with disease, the clinical manifestations of disease, and how to determine treatment. It reflects current information on the pathenogenesis of infectious disease and how changes in the genome are expressed as disease.
The first chapters of the text discuss general concepts and diseases affecting the body as a whole. Later chapters consider the various organ systems and their diseases. The Eleventh Edition includes new content on COVID-19, Zika virus, brain eating amoebas, plus mini podcasts to address difficult concepts such as cancer and the use of microscope slides.
Features and Benefits
- Includes new Case Studies covering a variety of topics for additional learning opportunities.
- Includes a wealth of new chapter content, including:
- a new section in Chapter 15 on vaping and its impact on its impact on vaping-induced lung injuries.
- a new section in Chapter 16 on breast cancer therapies.
- an extensively reorganized Chapter 19 includes new information on extracellular water and body water content and new information on regulation of plasma pH and respiratory control of pH
- Each new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook with animations, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 General Concepts of Disease: Principles of Diagnosis
- Chapter 2 Cells and Tissues: Their Structure and Function in Health and Disease
- Chapter 3 Genes, DNA, Chromosomes, and Cell Division
- Chapter 4 Congenital and Hereditary Diseases
- Chapter 5 Inflammation and Repair
- Chapter 6 Immunity, Hypersensitivity, Allergy, and Autoimmune Diseases
- Chapter 7 Neoplastic Disease
- Chapter 8 Pathogenic Microorganisms
- Chapter 9 Parasitic Disease
- Chapter 10 Communicable Disease Control and Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Chapter 11 The Cardiovascular System
- Chapter 12 Diseases of Blood Coagulation
- Chapter 13 The Hematopoietic and Lymphatic Systes
- Chapter 14 Abnormalities of Blood Coagulation
- Chapter 15 The Respiratory System
- Chapter 16 The Breast
- Chapter 17 The Female Reproductive System
- Chapter 18 Prenatal Development and Conditions Associated with Pregnancy
- Chapter 19 The Urinary System and Fluid Hemostasis
- Chapter 20 The Male Reproductive System
- Chapter 21 The Liver and the Biliary System
- Chapter 22 The Pancreas and Diabetes Mellitus
- Chapter 23 The Gastrointestinal Tract
- Chapter 24 The Endocrine Glands
- Chapter 25 The Nervous System
- Chapter 26 The Musculoskeletal System