Academic book request
Pediatric Nursing Care: A Concept-Based ApproachAuthor: Luanne Linnard-Palmer
Pediatric Nursing Care: A Concept-Based Approach, Second Edition provides pre-licensed nursing students the need-to-know information for working as a pediatric nurse in a variety of settings. The concept-based perspective, information on pathologies and diagnoses unique to children, and focus on family-centered care set it apart from other pediatric nursing textbooks.
The Second Edition was updated to offer the latest information on family education, current research, safety, and pharmacology. Chapters unique to this text include those focusing on symptoms assessment and management for children, working and communicating in interdisciplinary teams, caring for children across healthcare settings, cultural care models, essential safety models, and pediatric-specific skills. Pediatric Nursing Care: A Concept-Based Approach, Second Edition is a helpful guide and reference for attaining a deeper understanding of the unique aspects of pediatric nursing.
Features and Benefits
- Features the essential components of pediatric nursing theory, as well as the corresponding skills, making it approachable and easy-to-understand.
- Includes Healthy People 2030 updates throughout, alongside content related to the updated AACN essentials.
- Supports success in the Next Generation NCLEX (NGN) through expanded case studies focused on clinical decision making.
- Contains new timely discussions surrounding clinical bundles in quality and safety, sex trafficking awareness, and other health safety concerns.
- New content on responding to and treating COVID-19 in children and adolescents is interwoven throughout chapters.
- Numerous appendices enhance the text by providing specifics on pediatric calculations, nutrition, safe and effective handoffs, growth charts, the prevention of errors, and tips for maintaining professional boundaries, among other resources.
- Every new print copy is packaged with an access code to unlock the complete Navigate eBook.
- Downloadable instructor resources include Case Studies with answers, Discussion Questions with answers, a Test Bank, and Lecture Slides in PowerPoint Format.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Unit I Overview of Pediatric Nursing Care
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Children’s Health Care
- Chapter 2 Care Across Clinical Settings
- Unit II Safety in Caring for Children and Families
- Chapter 3 Essential Safety Models
- Unit III Models of Care
- Chapter 4 Cultural and Religious Influences to Care
- Chapter 5 Working and Communicating with an Interdisciplinary Team
- Unit IV Developmentally Focused Care and Developmental Milestones
- Chapter 6 Caring for Neonates and Infants
- Chapter 7 Caring for Toddlers
- Chapter 8 Caring for Preschoolers
- Chapter 9 Caring for School-Age Children
- Chapter 10 Caring for Adolescents
- Chapter 11 Symptom Management Across Childhood
- Unit V Caring for Families in Need
- Chapter 12 Caring for Families Under Stress
- Chapter 13 Caring for an Abused Child
- Unit VI Concept-Based Care in Pediatrics
- Chapter 14 Gastrointestinal Elimination
- Chapter 15 Metabolism
- Chapter 16 Gas Exchange and Oxygenation
- Chapter 17 Skin Integrity
- Chapter 18 Cellular Regulation
- Chapter 19 Cardiovascular: Perfusion
- Chapter 20 Sensory Perceptions: Impairments and Disorders
- Chapter 21 Intracranial Regulation
- Chapter 22 Genitourinary Elimination
- Chapter 23 Mobility
- Chapter 24 Cognition and Mental Health
- Chapter 25 Immune System Disorders
- Chapter 26 Infection and Communicable Diseases in Childhood
- Unit VII Implementing Principles of Safe Care
- Chapter 27 Essential Skills for Pediatric Nursing
- Chapter 28 Safe and Legal Aspects of Care
- Chapter 29 Care of the Acutely Ill or Critically Ill Child
- Chapter 30 The Dying Child
- Appendix A Pediatric Nursing Care: Helpful Professional Organizations
- Appendix B 18 Common Pediatric Medication and Supportive Calculations
- Appendix C Pediatric-Focused Laboratory Values
- Appendix D Nationally Normed Growth Charts
- Appendix E Best Practices in Pediatric Nursing Care: Handoff Sheets and Huddle Tips
- Appendix F Pediatric-Focused Checklists and Helpful Mnemonics
- Appendix G Steps to Prevent Pediatric Medication Errors: Safety Tips
- Appendix H Rapid Response, Code Blue Skills, and PEWS Tool
- Appendix I Tips for Maintaining Professional Boundaries in Pediatric/Family Nursing Care
- Appendix J Formula Feeding Guidelines for Infants
- Appendix K How to Effectively Talk to Children
- Appendix L Quick Guide to Selected Developmental Theorists
- Appendix M Children’s Health Disparities: Impact on Health and Well-Being
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!