Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Handbook of Nursing DiagnosisAuthor: Lynda Juall Carpenito
Nursing Diagnoses at Your Fingertips
Carpenito’s best-selling, Handbook of Nursing Diagnosis, now in an impressive sixteenth edition, is the ideal quick reference for nursing diagnosis information. This handbook covers the NANDA-I diagnoses and collaborative problems and offers practical guidance on nursing diagnoses and associated care. The quick-reference type scope of content, makes it easy for students to use while in clinical, in the classroom or simulation lab. From goals to specific interventions, Handbook of Nursing Diagnosis focuses on nursing. It provides a condensed, organized outline of clinical nursing practice designed to communicate creative clinical nursing. It is not meant to replace nursing textbooks, but rather to provide nurses who work in a variety of settings with the information they need without requiring a time-consuming review of the literature. It will assist students in transferring their theoretical knowledge to clinical practice. This is a must-have reference that nursing students will use throughout their curriculum and into their professional career.
Each diagnosis includes additional foundational knowledge, including:
- NANDA-I definition
- Defining characteristics (physiologic, emotional and cognitive)
- Related factors including pathophysiologic, treatment related, and situational (personal and environmental)
- Maturational: infant/child, adolescent, adult and older adult
- Errors in Diagnostic Statements
- Key Concepts & General Considerations
- Special Population Consideration (Pediatric, Maternal, Geriatric, and Transcultural)
- Focused Assessment Criteria
- Goals (NIC/NOC) with Rationale
- Interventions for Special Population
Features and Benefits
- Provides an alphabetical reference to nursing diagnoses
- Organizes all the health promotion/wellness nursing diagnoses for individuals
- Author’s Notes throughout elaborate on the clinical usefulness of the diagnosis discussed
- Every printed copy includes access to Navigate 2 Essentials containing additional rarely or never used nursing diagnoses not found in the printed book and care plans
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section 1 The Focus of Nursing Care
Section 2 Manual of Nursing Diagnosis
Part 1 Individual Nursing Diagnoses
Part 2 Family Home Nursing Diagnoses
Part 3 Community Nursing Diagnoses
Part 4 Health Promotion/Wellness Nursing Diagnoses
Section 3 Manual of Collaborative Problems