Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Online Nursing Education: A Collaborative ApproachAuthors:
A Timely Text That Fills A Gap in Nursing Education
The increase of online nursing education programs has furthered the need for nursing faculty to have specific preparation for online teaching. Drawing from the authors’ extensive experience teaching online nursing education programs, Online Nursing Education: A Collaborative Approach is unlike any other text. It was written and designed for faculty teaching online post-licensure students in a nursing education degree program, post-master’s certificate program, advanced practice program, or other advanced education-related degrees. This unique text takes a theoretical approach and includes practical examples as well as sample curriculum, course design, and policies. Topics covered include strategies for teaching online, learning through writing in an online classroom, experiential learning in online programs, generational differences in online learning, and more practical discussions backed by evaluation studies and qualitative research.
This timely resource fills a gap in nursing education with an approach and content that are driven by educational theory, best practices in online education, and learner needs as opposed to technology and cost as drivers of online education. Online Nursing Education: A Collaborative Approach will ensure nurse educators and graduate students in nursing education programs have the required knowledge, training, and mentorship to effectively teach online and develop high quality online education programs.
- Drs. Robinson and Breen combined have more than 20 years of experience teaching in post-licensure online nursing education programs focused on building students’ confidence while advancing their education.
- Offers specific recommendations for developing online programs that address recruiting from the nursing workforce, building relationships with community college nursing programs and employers, developing policies that support adult students within the institution, and integrating quality assurance into the delivery of the online curriculum.
- Includes examples of the challenges and opportunities involved in educating diverse learners, particularly adult learners who have returned to higher education in online programs.
- Provides guidance on how to teach students to develop their leadership, communication, and analytical skills to solve complex clinical and community problems.
Possible course titles include:
- Emerging Trends and Challenges in 21st Century Nursing Education
- Integrating Technology into Nursing Education
- Nursing Education Theories
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Collaborative Model for Online Nursing Education
- Chapter 2 Philosophical & Theoretical Approaches to Online Education
- Chapter 3 Online Nursing Students
- Chapter 4 Successful Academic Progression and Online Nursing Students
- Chapter 5 Leadership of Online Nursing Programs
- Chapter 6 Quality Assurance in Online Nursing Programs
- Chapter 7 Curriculum Development
- Chapter 8 Online Course Design
- Chapter 9 Online Teaching Strategies
- Chapter 10 Learning Through Writing in Online Classrooms
- Chapter 11 Experiential Learning in Online Nursing Programs
- Chapter 12 Narrative Pedagogy
- Chapter 13 Faculty Role in Academia
- Chapter 14 The Influence of Generational Differences on Learning in the Online Classroom Research Exemplar
- Chapter 15 Assessing Online Collaborative Discourse
- Chapter 16 Service Learning Enhances Conceptual Learning in a RN to BSN Program