Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Clinical Practice Guidelines for Midwifery & Women’s HealthAuthors: Nell L. Tharpe, Cindy L. Farley, Robin G. Jordan
Clinical Practice Guidelines for Midwifery & Women’s Health, Sixth Edition is an accessible and easy-to-use quick reference guide for midwives and women’s healthcare providers. Completely updated and revised to reflect the changing clinical environment, it offers current evidence-based practice, updated approaches, and opportunities for midwifery leadership in every practice setting. Also included are integrative, alternative, and complementary therapies.
The Sixth Edition features new information on diversity and inclusion, sexual health, opioid disorder and substance exposed newborns, the Farley maneuver, care for the individual who is transitioning, and after transition, and more timely and relevant topics. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Midwifery & Women’s Health, Sixth Edition is the perfect addition to the library of every student and practicing midwife and women’s healthcare provider.
Features and Benefits
- Outline format allows dense, evidence-based information to be absorbed easily and readily
- Includes additional information about global standards for midwifery education and types of midwives
- Every new print copy includes an access code to Navigate 2 Essentials featuring the full eBook.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Essential Midwifery Practice
- Chapter 2 Care of the Woman During Pregnancy
- Chapter 3 Care of the Pregnant Woman with Prenatal Conditions
- Chapter 4 Care of the Woman during Labor and Birth
- Chapter 5 Care of the Newborn and the Postpartum Woman
- Chapter 6 Well Woman Care Across the Life Span
- Chapter 7 Care of the Woman with Reproductive Health Conditions
- Chapter 8 Primary Care in Midwifery and Women’s Health
- Appendix A Integrative Therapies
- Appendix B Nutrition
- Appendix C Safety as a Somatic Experience; Trauma Informed Care