Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Clinical Practice Guidelines for Midwifery & Women’s HealthAuthors: Nell L. Tharpe, Cindy L. Farley, Robin G. Jordan
Clinical Practice Guidelines for Midwifery & Women’s Health, Sixth Edition is an accessible and easy-to-use quick reference guide for midwives and women’s healthcare providers. Completely updated and revised to reflect the changing clinical environment, it offers current evidence-based practice, updated approaches, and opportunities for midwifery leadership in every practice setting. Also included are integrative, alternative, and complementary therapies.
The Sixth Edition features new information on diversity and inclusion, sexual health, opioid disorder and substance exposed newborns, the Farley maneuver, care for the individual who is transitioning, and after transition, and more timely and relevant topics. Clinical Practice Guidelines for Midwifery & Women’s Health, Sixth Edition is the perfect addition to the library of every student and practicing midwife and women’s healthcare provider.
- Outline format allows dense, evidence-based information to be absorbed easily and readily
- Includes additional information about global standards for midwifery education and types of midwives
- Every new print copy includes an access code to Navigate 2 Essentials featuring the full eBook.
- Primary Care of Women
- Clinical Guidelines
- Intrapartum/Postpartum Care of Women
- Standards for the Practice of Midwifery
- Advanced Women’s Health
- Reproductive Healthcare for Women
- Primary Women’s Healthcare Across the Lifespan
- Maternal and Well Child Care for Family Nurse Practitioners
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Essential Midwifery Practice
- Chapter 2 Care of the Woman During Pregnancy
- Chapter 3 Care of the Pregnant Woman with Prenatal Conditions
- Chapter 4 Care of the Woman during Labor and Birth
- Chapter 5 Care of the Newborn and the Postpartum Woman
- Chapter 6 Well Woman Care Across the Life Span
- Chapter 7 Care of the Woman with Reproductive Health Conditions
- Chapter 8 Primary Care in Midwifery and Women’s Health
- Appendix A Integrative Therapies
- Appendix B Nutrition
- Appendix C Safety as a Somatic Experience; Trauma Informed Care