Academic book request
Statistics for Nursing: A Practical ApproachAuthor: Elizabeth Heavey
Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access that unlocks an interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, Intellectus Statistics activities, homework review videos, SPSS tutorials (written and video), a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Nurses are leveraging new technologies to interpret and analyze clinical data. Understanding how to use that information and make appropriate clinical decisions are vital to their role and proper patient care. Statistics for Nursing: A Practical Approach, Fourth Edition presents the complicated topic of statistics in an understandable manner, so students are prepared to start their career no matter the setting. Relevant clinical examples followed by end of chapter application exercises, provide students the opportunity to practice statistics while learning.
The Fourth Edition introduces Intellectus Statistics, a web-based statistical software program designed to help non-statisticians learn to conduct research and complete statistical analyses appropriately. Often, computer applications are the most stressful part of learning statistics. This program simplifies the process of learning the software while helping students produce and understand the actual statistics content. This holistic course package will prepare nursing students to efficiently read, understand, and interpret public health data to improve patient care.
Features and Benefits
- NEW 4-color design with color-coded Key Concepts emphasizes the essential information.
- NEW computer applications added throughout utilize Intellectus Statistics software to help students understand a concept and apply it to a real-life scenario.
- NEW feature called “Where Students Often Make Mistakes,” highlights common errors so students and instructors can be aware of concepts and/or applications that may need more focus.
- NEW section called “What Went Wrong?” asks students to consider something that has been submitted for review. Students use their statistics knowledge to identify a concern and report why the submission should be reevaluated before being considered for implementation, publication, or funding.
- Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access to unlock an interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, Intellectus Statistics activities, homework review videos, SPSS tutorials (written and video), and learning analytics reporting tools.
- Instructor resources include a sample syllabus, Test Bank, slides in PowerPoint format, video lectures, Excel lessons, and answer keys for the Review Questions.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to Statistics and Levels of Measurement
- Chapter 2 Presenting Data
- Chapter 3 Descriptive Statistics, Probability, and Measures of Central Tendency
- Chapter 4 Measuring Data
- Chapter 5 Sampling Methods
- Chapter 6 Generating the Research Idea
- Chapter 7 Sample Size, Effect Size, and Power
- Chapter 8 Chi-Square
- Chapter 9 Student t-Test
- Chapter 10 Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Chapter 11 Correlation Coefficients
- Chapter 12 Regression Analysis
- Chapter 13 Relative Risk vs. Absolute Risk and Other Public Health Measures You Commonly See
- Appendix A Using Distribution Tables to Find the P-Value
- Appendix B Working with Small Samples
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!