Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice In NursingAuthors: MyoungJin Kim, Caroline Mallory
Statistics for Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing, Third Edition promotes a comprehensive understanding of statistics in all aspects of clinical practice and health care settings. This text has been thoughtfully designed to meet the learning needs of practicing nurses and advanced practice nursing students to help them engage in evidence-based practice. Praised for its readability, the Third Edition teaches students to interpret and evaluate statistical findings in practice.
The Third Edition is written with clarity and accessibility in mind, helping drive student comprehension of statistics. Expanded datasets allow for learners to take on more complex practice problems, readying them for real-world application. In addition to featuring the latest SPSS procedures, the new edition presents further instruction using Excel. Readers will appreciate updated case studies, the inclusion of evidence-based practice applications of statistics, and critical thinking questions.
Features and Benefits
- New evidence-based case studies reflect current practices and issues in nursing
- New critical thinking questions and self-quizzes reinforce key concepts
- Complex datasets simulate working with large populations
- Updated screenshots from SPSS and Excel procedure
- Navigate Premier Access
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing, or Why Do I Need to Take Statistics?
- Chapter 2 Statistical Essentials I
- Chapter 3 Statistical Essentials II: Measurements
- Chapter 4 Working with Microsoft Excel and IBM SPSS Statistics Software (SPSS)
- Chapter 5 Organizing and Displaying Data
- Chapter 6 Descriptive Statistics
- Chapter 7 Hypothesis Testing
- Chapter 8 Getting Ready for the Analysis
- Chapter 9 Examining Relationships Between and Among Variables
- Chapter 10 Modeling Relationships
- Chapter 11 Tests for Comparing Group Means: Part I
- Chapter 12 Tests for Comparing Group Means: Part II
- Chapter 13 Nonparametric Tests
- Chapter 14 Categorical Data Analysis: Nonparametric Tests of Association
- Chapter 15 Avoiding Common Statistical Mistakes