Academic book request
Clinical Nursing CalculationsAuthor/s: Susan Sienkiewicz, Sandra Megerdichian
Clinical Nursing Calculations, Third Edition is an essential text for teaching dosage calculation to undergraduate nursing students. The text employs the CASE approach, which is a step-by-step method for performing dosage calculations. The author team draws from extensive experience across the continuum of care to bring readers a truly informative and dynamic resource. Clinical Nursing Calculations has been expertly organized into four sections for easy navigation: Mathematics Overview, Principles of Medication Administration, Basic Dosage and Intravenous Calculations, and Advanced Calculations. In addition to clinical calculation coverage, the text also features expanded content on nutrition, insulin pencalculations, and the legal implications of medication administration.
The Joint Commission and the Institute for Safe Medication Practice guidelines regarding safe medication administration are also featured. To facilitate learning, students will find examples in both electronic medication administration record (eMAR) and electronic health record format. This text can be used as a primary text for a dosage calculations course or as a supplemental text within a nursing program or pharmacology course.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Basic Math
- Chapter 2 Systems of Measurement
- Chapter 3 Medication Administration Equipment
- Chapter 4 Medication Orders
- Chapter 5 Interpretation of Medication Labels and Package Inserts
- Chapter 6 Elements of Safe Medication Administration
- Chapter 7 Dosage Calculations
- Chapter 8 Enteral Medication Dosage Calculations
- Chapter 9 Parenteral Medication Dosage Calculations
- Chapter 10 Infusion Therapy and Calculations
- Chapter 11 Solution Calculations
- Chapter 12 Dosage Calculations for Special Patient Populations
- Chapter 13 Hydration and Nutrition Calculations
- Chapter 14 High-Alert Medications
- Chapter 15 Critical Care Calculations
- Appendix A Calculating with Complex Fractions
- Appendix B Apothecary System
- Appendix C The Joint Commission’s Do Not Use List
- Appendix D ISMP’s List of Error-Prone Abbreviations, Symbols, and Dose Designations
- Appendix E ISMP’s List of Confused Drug Names
- Appendix F Adult Nomogram
- Appendix G Sample Weight-Based Heparin Protocol Adjusted According to Anti-Factor Xa Assay
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!