Academic book request
Please fill out the form below and we'll let you know once available.
Management and Leadership for Nurse AdministratorsAuthors: Linda A. Roussel, Patricia L. Thomas, James L. Harris
To succeed as leaders of a diverse, multigenerational workforce, nurse managers and executives need to have both traditional management skills and a contemporary, creative mindset. Management and Leadership for Nurse Administrators continues to offer a comprehensive overview of key management and administrative concepts for leading modern healthcare organizations, and ensuring patient safety and quality care in a thoughtfully updated ninth edition. With this text, students will be prepared to lead a workplace that is rapidly evolving due to technology, culture, and changes in the U.S. healthcare system.
The Ninth Edition features a new Introduction with a review of the current trends and patterns in nursing leadership, along with expanded discussions of translational science focused on implementation and dissemination, workforce well-being, resiliency, work-life balance, healthy work environments, and more timely topics. With this resource, students will have the foundational management and leadership concepts and the business theory knowledge to develop and advance their leadership capacity.
Features and Benefits
- Chapters are mapped to AONL key competencies for clear alignment with current nursing leadership expectations.
- Content is mapped to key domains in the latest AACN competencies.
- Features TWO NEW chapters that cover data management and analysis, and disaster preparedness and crisis management.
- Reflective questions and case studies with discussion questions in each chapter help students apply concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Combines practical tools for budgeting and data analysis with key leadership and business theories to support current nurse leader needs.
- Instructor resources include a Test Bank, Slides in PowerPoint format, Discussion Questions with sample answers, and Case Studies with sample answers.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Influencers and Multipliers of Nursing Leadership
- Chapter 2 Leadership Theory and Application for Nurse Leaders
- Chapter 3 Inspirational Leadership in an Era of Change and Uncertainty: Driving Excellence in Practice While Developing Leaders of the Future
- Chapter 4 Transformative Leadership Development through Executive Coaching
- Chapter 5 Organizational Designs for Innovation and Creative Decision-Making in Healthcare Systems
- Chapter 6 Strategic Practices in Achieving Organizational Effectiveness
- Chapter 7 Procuring and Sustaining Resources: The Budgeting Process
- Chapter 8 Maximizing Human Capital
- Chapter 9 Managing for High Performance and Value-Based Care Delivery
- Chapter 10 Information Management and Knowledge Development as Actions for Leaders
- Chapter 11 Risk Anticipation and Management: Creating a Culture of Quality, Safety, and Value
- Chapter 12 Leaders Achieving Sustainable Outcomes
- Chapter 13 Messaging and Disseminating Excellence in Leadership and Ethical Implications
- Chapter 14 Translational Nursing: Leading Implementation for Sustainable Change and Innovation
- Chapter 15 Polarity Thinking: A Lens for Embracing Wicked Problems, Conflict, and Resistance in Health Care
- Chapter 16 Future Considerations: Leading and Managing Population Health
- Chapter 17 Data Management and Analysis for Improvement Projects (Beyond Information Management/Technology)
- Chapter 18 Redefining Disaster Management: Implications for Nurse Leaders