Academic book request
Leadership in Nursing Practice: The Intersection of Innovation and Teamwork in Healthcare SystemsAuthor: Daniel Weberg
Educating the Next Generation of Nurse Leaders
Leadership in Nursing Practice: The Intersection of Innovation and Teamwork in Healthcare Systems, Fourth Edition is committed to developing the next generation of nurses. The Fourth Edition continues to provide students with the tools and knowledge they need to develop solid leadership skills to be successful in a clinical nursing career. This contemporary text addresses a variety of current topics such as mental health and wellness for nurses, burnout signs and solutions, as well as crisis response particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic. Emphasis on the role of critical thinking as it relates to evidence-based practice is also central to this edition. Lastly, the authors leverage their expertise and experience to encourage new nurses to be innovative and advocate for change which in both nursing and across healthcare.
The Fourth Edition focuses on how crisis can be a catalyst of both innovation and change. The authors outline the steps necessary to enact change and demonstrate the importance of aligning the whole organization during the process. They emphasize how ongoing assessment is a key piece to ensuring sustainable change and how measuring the impact of innovation on healthcare quality, safety, and value underscores its value.
Features and Benefits
- Exploration of the nurse as both business owner and entrepreneur
- Social media and its impact to professional practice and image
- Discussion of appreciative leadership, servant leadership and authentic leadership
- Dealing with conflict as a professional obligation
- The impact of new healthcare and health delivery platforms, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- New staffing models including flexible work, travel nurses and gig-style work
- Expanded coverage of contemporary issues, policy examples and knowledge management
- Navigate Premier Access
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Integrating Learning: Applying the Practices of Leadership
- Chapter 2 Change and Innovation
- Chapter 3 Becoming a Professional Nurse
- Chapter 4 The Person of the Leader: The Capacity to Lead
- Chapter 5 Conflict Skills for Clinical Leaders
- Chapter 6 The Era of Digitization in Nursing Workforce Management: An Overview of Contemporary Nurse Scheduling and Staffing Practices
- Chapter 7 Principles of Ethical Decision-Making
- Chapter 8 Leadership: The Foundation of Practice Partnership
- Chapter 9 Resources for Healthcare Excellence
- Chapter 10 Navigating the Care Network: Creating the Context for Professional Practice
- Chapter 11 Managing Your Career: A Lifetime of Opportunities and Obligations
- Chapter 12 Health Policy and Advocacy: Opportunities for Nurses
- Chapter 13 Delegation and Supervision: Essential Foundations for Practice
- Chapter 14 Overcoming the Uneven Table: Negotiating the White Waters of the Profession
- Chapter 15 Accountability and Ownership: The Centerpiece of Professional Practice
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!