Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Lactation: A Foundational Strategy for Health PromotionAuthor: Suzanne Hetzel Campbell
A core function of lactation consultants and public health officials is to educate the community on breastfeeding as an important health issue. Currently the market lacks the resources to support this knowledge and need. Until now. Lactation: A Foundational Strategy for Health Promotion presents evidence-based research for these professionals to promote healthy breastfeeding and lactation while showing respect and support for new parents in this venture.
This unique resource takes a social-ecological perspective and uses a person-centred care framework to reflect lactation as a foundational health promotion strategy. It focuses on strategies, theory, interventions, and service delivery models, to make the case for lactation as foundational to global health. It includes international examples and practical means for practitioners to incorporate culturally sensitive holistic care within a therapeutic relational practice model.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part 1 The context and foundations of lactation as health promotion
- Chapter 1 Historical context of lactation
- Chapter 2 Key concepts of lactation as health promotion – global and equity perspective
- Chapter 3 Social determinants of health – effect on lactation
- Chapter 4 Behavioral theories examining lactation as health behavior
- Chapter 5 Social ecological theory as context for lactation health promotion
- Chapter 6 Social Policy and Lactation
- Part 2 Breastfeeding as developmental health promotion
- Chapter 7 Baby Friendly Health initiatives – framed as health promotion
- Chapter 8 Relational practice and lactation
- Chapter 9 Developmental processes of lactation – as health promotion
- Part 3 Globalization and Health promotion
- Chapter 10 International perspectives
- Chapter 11 Equitable health promotion
- Part 4 Lactation as Health Promotion under challenging circumstances
- Chapter 12 Situations that affect success of parents meeting their breastfeeding goals
- Appendix Case studies and workbook questions