Academic book request
Comprehensive Lactation Consultant Exam ReviewAuthor/s: Linda J. Smith
No Other Resource Will Better Prepare You For the IBLCE Exam
Comprehensive Lactation Consultant Exam Review, Fifth Edition is an ideal resource to help prepare for the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) certification examination. Completely revised and updated, the Fifth Edition is mapped to the 2016 and 2023 Detailed Content Outlines and contains more than 1100 practice exam questions and answer rationales, more than 350 clinical photos, and 20 case studies with questions.
Organized around the mother-baby dyad’s development, it poses questions unique to key topics, including nutrition, pathology, psychology, clinical skills, and more. This review guide is perfect for beginning lactation consultants and those re-certifying, as well as dietitians, childbirth educators, nurses, and breastfeeding counselors.
Features and Benefits
- Every question was reviewed and revised as needed, referenced, and mapped to the 2016 and 2023 Detailed Content Outlines.
- Reorganized chapters to be presented by topic, rather than chronological stage.
- Features a NEW chapter with questions based on the 2018 WHO-UNICEF BFHI Competency Verification Toolkit competencies and performance indicators.
- Every new print copy includes Navigate TestPrep Access that allows readers to practice with simulated tests that mimic the actual exam.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Classification I. Development and Nutrition
- Chapter 2 Classification II. Physiology and Endocrinology
- Chapter 3 Classification III. Pathology
- Chapter 4 Classification IV. Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Chapter 5 Classification V. Psychology, Sociology, and Antropology
- Chapter 6 Classification VI. Techniques
- Chapter 7 Classification VII. Clinical Skills
- Chapter 8 Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Case Studies
- Clinical Exercises
- Color Plate