Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Dossey & Keegan’s Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for PracticeAuthors: Mary A. Blaszko Helming, Deborah A. Shields, Karen M. Avino
Dossey & Keegan’s Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice, Eighth Edition covers basic and advanced concepts of holism, demonstrating how holistic nursing spans all specialties and levels. This text is distinguished by its emphasis on theory, research, and evidence-based practice essential to holistic nursing.
Students and professionals alike need a comprehensive, up-to-date text to guide them in learning holistic nursing concepts and how to integrate those concepts into clinical practice and their daily lives. This approach prepares students and professionals to incorporate a holistic philosophy in both their work and personal lives to better communicate with patients and provide whole-person patient care.
Features and Benefits
- Sections are aligned with the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) Core Values to guide the reader through foundations of holistic nursing
- Include updates related to the 3rd edition of AHNA/ANA Holistic Nursing Scope and Standards (2019)
- Expanded content on self-reflection and self-care
- Revised chapter on Professional Development Across the Lifespan expands on the integration of holism into education and practice
- Advanced Practice Nursing section will include additional topics such as leadership and approaches for chronic health challenges to encourage continued holistic practice by advanced practice nurses
- Case studies incorporated throughout chapters help readers make the connections to put holistic theories and concepts into practice
- Navigate Advantage Access