Academic book request
Gerontological Nursing: Competencies for CareAuthor: Kristen L. Mauk
Gerontological nursing remains a critical specialty area for the profession of nursing, especially as the older adult population grows. The fifth edition of Gerontological Nursing: Competencies for Care takes a holistic approach and teaches students how to provide quality patient care for the older adult, preparing them to effectively care for this population. Students and faculty appreciate the practical approach as well as the author’s logical organization of competency-based content both of which are a hallmark of this text.
Following the framework outlined by the AACN’s recommended baccalaureate competencies and curricular guidelines for the care of older adults, the text guides students through the core foundations of gerontological nursing as a specialty. The Fifth Edition emphasizes these essential competencies coupled with the management of geriatric syndromes that impact this population including falls, sleep disorders, depression/anxiety, and elder abuse.
Features and Benefits
- Practical information on dementia for nurses and caregivers
- Expanded content on fall prevention
- New content on COVID-19 and telehealth care
- “Healthy Aging Tips” found throughout the text
- Updated research highlights
- Critical thinking and personal reflection exercises
- Video case studies in the form of author-conducted interviews accessible via Navigate Premier Access
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!