Academic book request
Essentials of Health Policy and LawAuthor: JD, PhD Sara E. Wilensky
Essentials of Health Policy and Law, Fifth Edition provides students of public health, medicine, nursing, public policy, and health administration with an introduction to a broad range of seminal issues in U.S. health policy and law, analytic frameworks for studying these complex issues, and an understanding of the ways in which health policies and laws are formulated, implemented, and applied. Thoroughly revised, the Fifth Edition explores the key health policy and legal changes brought about by the Biden Administration and the presently Democrat-controlled Congress. It also addresses the Covid-19 pandemic, and its many devastating and intertwined health, economic, and social consequences.
Features and Benefits
- New chapters provide an overview of Public Health and explain Public Health Emergency Preparedness.
- Updated figures, tables, statistics, and discussion questions
- New textbox icons identify discussion questions, special topics and, technical spotlights to help faculty pick and choose the appropriate content
- New or updated content in the areas of national and state health reform, the healthcare delivery and public health systems, the policymaking process, the ACA’s effect on Medicaid, Medicare, and CHIP, individual rights in health care, structural and social drivers of health, and more.
- New concluding chapter on Health Advocacy teaches readers the art and skill of advocacy.
- Fully updated Interactive timeline incorporated into the eBook
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I Setting the Stage: An Overview of Health Policy and Law
- Chapter 1 Understanding the Role of and Conceptualizing Health Policy and Law
- Chapter 2 Policy and the Policymaking Process
- Chapter 3 Law and the Legal System
- Chapter 4 Overview of the Health Care System
- Chapter 5 What Is Public Health?
- Part II Essential Issues in Health Policy and Law
- Chapter 6 Individual Rights in Health Care & Public Health
- Chapter 7 Structural and Social Drivers of Health and the Role of Law in Optimizing Health
- Chapter 8 Understanding Health Insurance
- Chapter 9 Health Economics in a Health Policy Context
- Chapter 10 Government Health Insurance Programs: Medicaid, CHIP, and Medicare
- Chapter 11 Health Reform and the Affordable Care Act
- Chapter 12 Healthcare Quality Policy and Law
- Chapter 13 What Is Public Health Emergency Preparedness?
- Part III Basic Skills in Health Policy Analysis
- Chapter 14 The Art of Structuring and Writing a Health Policy Analysis
- Chapter 15 Health Advocacy
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!