Academic book request
Principles of Epidemiology for Advanced Nursing Practice: A Population Health PerspectiveAuthor: Mary Beth Zeni Jones
Principles of Epidemiology for Advanced Nursing Practice: A Population Health Perspective provides students and practitioners with an overview of epidemiology concepts as well as the history, models and frameworks in use today. Written from a nursing perspective, this text takes an application-to-practice approach and teaches nurses how to critically analyze population-level data with the goal of improving population health outcomes. The text is keenly focused on the application of epidemiologic principles in data interpretation and critical analysis of published studies, including research design and analysis challenges. Topics covered include: social epidemiology and determinants of health, data and epidemiology, descriptive epidemiology, analytic epidemiology, epidemiology in evaluative research, epidemiology in health policy, and additional select topics.
Principles of Epidemiology for Advanced Nursing Practice: A Population Health Perspective wants to engage the student and provide an engaging learning experience. The incorporation of case studies and links to online resources in each chapter lend real-world experience and help bring the content to life. Additionally, the content seeks to demonstrate to students how principles of epidemiology surround us each day on local, regional, national, and global levels. Furthermore, through study and exploration of this content we want future advanced practice nurses to understand the critical role they play in promoting population health.
Features and Benefits
- Case studies
- Links to resources and content from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO)
- Navigate 2 Premier Access featuring the following assets:
- Interactive Lectures
- Competency Mapping
- Time-on-Task Assessments
- Instructor Resource Guide
- Power Point slides
- Discussion Questions
- Case studies
- Student practice activities and assessments
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Overview of Epidemiology: Concepts and History
- Chapter 2 An Introduction to Population Health
- Chapter 3 Frameworks and Models in Epidemiology
- Chapter 4 Social Epidemiology and Determinants of Health
- Chapter 5 Data and Epidemiology: The Link to Biostatistics
- Chapter 6 Descriptive Studies in Epidemiology
- Chapter 7 Analytic Epidemiology: Observational Studies
- Chapter 8 Analytic Epidemiology: Advanced Designs
- Chapter 9 Overview of Applied Program Evaluation
- Chapter 10 Epidemiology and Policy
- Chapter 11 Selected Topics
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!