Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Milstead’s Health Policy & PoliticsAuthor: Nancy M. Short
Milstead’s Health Policy & Politics: A Nurse’s Guide, Seventh Edition is focused on policymaking and the impact it has on nursing and healthcare. This text is an excellent resource for nursing students as it encompasses the entire health policy process from agenda setting through policy and program evaluation. It also explores the impact of social media, economics, finance and other timely topics on policymaking as well. Additionally, the authors draw from their extensive experience and provide concrete examples of real-life situations that help students understand the link between nursing, policy theory and political action.
Features and Benefits
- News Literacy chapter uncovers biases nurses will experience on the job and mitigation strategies
- The impact of Twitter’s influence on health policy and politics
- Discussion of structural racism and concept of power
- COVID-19 and the impact on health policy
- Expanded coverage of healthcare payment programs including the Quality Payment Program
- Updated coverage of the direction of the U.S. health care system and health policy
- New exemplars spotlight nurses around the world, globalization and global health policy
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Informing Public Policy: An Important Role for Registered Nurses
- Chapter 2 News Literacy
- Chapter 3 Problem Identification and Agenda Setting: What Rises to a Policymaker’s Attention?
- Chapter 4 Policy Analysis and Design
- Chapter 5 Policy Enactment: Legislation and Politics
- Chapter 6 Policy Implementation: Avoiding Policy Failure
- Chapter 7 Government Response: Regulation
- Chapter 8 Health Policy and Social Program Evaluation
- Chapter 9 The Influence of Patient Health Data on Health Policy
- Chapter 10 Financing Health Care
- Chapter 11 The Impact of Nurse Influence on Global Health Policy
- Chapter 12 An Insider’s Guide to Engaging in Policy Activities