Academic book request
Fit to Be WellAuthor: Alton L. Thygerson
Every new print copy includes Navigate Advantage Access which unlocks an eBook, Lab Manual, Flashcards, and additional learning resources.
Fit to Be Well, Sixth Edition takes a behavior-change approach to communicating healthy diet and exercise habits while deploying both a workbook and pedagogical features that teach students how to become smart consumers of health news.
It provides students with the tools they need to reach the goal of good health and fitness—regardless of their age or physical condition—by delving into exercise, proper nutrition, and stress management.
The content in Fit to Be Well is organized in a succinct, easy-to-navigate manner that allows students to become more aware of each aspect of a physically fit lifestyle. Using a wealth of special features and online learning tools, the text encourages students to improve their eating habits by incorporating healthier foods into their diet, increasing their level of physical activity, keeping their body composition and weight at a healthy level, increasing their self-esteem, and reducing stress.
An integrated lab manual, found at the end of the text, helps students build and implement a fitness program that will work with their individual needs and schedules
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Health Benefits of Physical Activity and Exercise
- Chapter 3 Changing to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Chapter 4 Preparing for Physical Activity and Exercise
- Chapter 5 Cardiorespiratory Endurance
- Chapter 6 Flexibility
- Chapter 7 Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Chapter 8 Nutrition
- Chapter 9 Body Composition and Body Weight
- Chapter 10 Sleep
- Chapter 11 Stress Management
- Chapter 12 Making Informed Decisions
- Appendix A Injury Care and Prevention
- Appendix B Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs)
- Appendix C Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans
- Appendix D Knowledge Check Answers
- Lab Manual
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!