Academic book request
Community Health NursingAuthors: Karen Saucier Lundy, Sharyn Janes
Each New Print Copy Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access That Unlocks A Comprehensive And Interactive Ebook, Student Practice Activities And Assessments, A Full Suite Of Instructor Resources, And Learning Analytics Reporting Tools.
A Revised Text Focused On Health Promotion And Prevention In The Community
Community Health Nursing: Caring For The Public’S Health, Third Edition Focuses On Teaching Nursing Students About Population Health And Community Health Nursing. The Text Is Directed Toward Health Promotion And Primary Prevention In The Community, With Newly Revised Course Content In Each Chapter. Health Care In The Community Is Presented Within The Population’S Cultural Context, Whether Influenced By Age, Gender, Race, Or Ethnicity. The Third Edition Represents A Broad Range Of Diversity And Depicts The Unique Composition Of Communities In The U.S. From The Standpoint Of Varied Populations To Unique Health Perspectives.
This Text Was Crafted In Collaboration With Many Well-Known And Respected Experts In The Field And Was Guided By The Association Of Community Health Nursing Educators Essentials Of Baccalaureate Nursing Education For Entry Level Practice In Community/Public Health Nursing. Each Chapter Of The Third Edition Reflects The Core Functions Of Public Health Issues And Includes Coverage Of Complementary And Alternative Approaches, Popular Media Examples And Current Fiction/Non-Fiction Literature Examples. The Authors Employ A Unique Pedagogical Approach By Structuring The Text Around Reflective And Connected Learning Thorough The Inclusion Of Art, Poetry, Narratives, Media And Literature. This Approach Can Be Successfully Integrated With Traditional Course Content, Either Online Or In The Classroom, Recognizing That Students Learn Best Using A Variety Of Learning Tools. This Text Is Appropriate For Use In Primary Community Health Nursing Courses As Well As In Specialty Courses.
• Chapter Features Include Coverage Of Literature, Environmental Considerations, Ethics, Complementary/Alternative Therapies, Health Practices And Research, Cultural Connections, Global Features, Short Essays, Critical Thinking Exercises, Case Studies, And Research Alerts
• Overview Of The Post 9/11 And Katrina Environments
• Coverage Of The Affordable Care Act
• Case Studies Which Provide Students With Application Of Complex Concepts
• Research Briefs Chosen For Their Direct Relevance And Use To BSN Students
• Community And Population Focused Chapters Enable The Text To Be Flexible And Easily Integrated Into A Variety Of Nursing Curriculums
Community Health Nursing: Caring For The Public’S Health, Third Edition Includes Access To Navigate 2 Online Learning Materials Including A Comprehensive And Interactive Ebook, Student Practice Activities And Assessments, Learning Analytics Reporting Tools, And More.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!