Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice: A Guidebook for Role Development and Professional Nursing PracticeAuthor: Lisa Astalos Chism
The Doctor of Nursing Practice A Guidebook for Role Development and Professional Nursing Practice, Fifth Edition remains the most comprehensive guide for both role and career development for the DNP student and professional. It continues to be the go-to resource for those pursuing a DNP degree and starting their career.
As with previous editions, the hallmark feature of the Fifth Edition is its accessible and easy-to-read approach enabling it to serve as both an educational resource for students as well as professional reference for years to follow. Faculty and students will appreciate the wealth of content and learning resources packed into this guide including comprehensive chapter overviews, interviews with practicing DNP’s and leaders such as such as Carolyn Williams PhD, RN, FAAN DNP Co-founder and Dean Judy Didion of Oakland University School of Nursing, case scenarios, and more!
Features and Benefits
- New content including the new AACN Essentials document and how the new competences are related to role development
- New chapter on relationship building and the DNP
- Discussion of the growth and impact of social media and apps on the DNP role
- Exploration of the impact of COVID-19 on nursing and technology
- A thorough discussion of the DNP degree past, present, and future including in-depth content relating the new AACN Essentials document to the future of nursing education and practice
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part I Role Transition
- Chapter 1 Overview of the Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree
- Chapter 2 Leadership, Collaboration, and the DNP Graduate
- Chapter 3 The DNP Graduate as Expert Clinician
- Chapter 4 The DNP: Expectations for Theory, Research, and Scholarship
- Chapter 5 DNP Involvement in Healthcare Policy and Advocacy
- Chapter 6 The DNP Graduate as Educator
- Chapter 7 The DNP Graduate as Ethical Consultant
- Chapter 8 The DNP Graduate as Information Specialist
- Chapter 9 The DNP Graduate as Relationship Builder
- Part II Professional Issues Related to the Doctor of Nursing Practice Degree
- Chapter 10 The BSN-to-DNP Path: Opportunities and Challenges for DNP Students and Graduates
- Chapter 11 The Doctor Nurse: Overcoming Title Issues
- Chapter 12 Why Didn’t You Just Become a Doctor? Educating Others About the DNP Degree
- Chapter 13 Shaping Your Brand: Marketing Yourself as a DNP Graduate
- Chapter 14 Writing for Professional Publication
- Chapter 15 The Certification Question: Where Are We?
- Chapter 16 Storytelling: The Art of Translating the Essentials into Practice
- Chapter 17 The DNP Degree: Past, Current, and Future Trends