Academic book request
Clinical Nurse Leaders: Beyond the MicrosystemAuthor: James L. Harris
In today’s rapidly changing healthcare landscape, a concise and comprehensive guide focused on preparing advanced clinical nurses to assume a leadership role is critical to improving the quality of patient care. Clinical Nurse Leaders Beyond the Microsystem: A Practical Guide, Fourth Edition is a core resource for CNLs which imparts the competencies necessary to lead improvement teams, analyse data, and ensure delivery of quality, safety, and value-based care in any healthcare setting.
The Fourth Edition continues to highlight the contributions that the CNLs bring to community-based population health by integrating concepts related to social determinants of health, population health, and global impact. Another keen focus of this text is on the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data and the role of the CNL in the new digital world. Lastly, the authors explore the practice of self-care and the importance of the CNL role in promoting this concept within their practice and across their teams.
Features and Benefits
- Big data’s influence on the effectiveness and sustainability of the CNL role
- Measuring the impact CNLs have on patient and family wellness and the teams they lead
- Analysis of the competency-based structure in nursing education on the CNL track
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 The Clinical Nurse Leader Footprint Across the Healthcare Landscape
- Chapter 2 Clinical Nurse Leaders in the Global Community
- Chapter 3 The Prominence of CNL Microsystem Leadership for High Reliability Organizations and Value-added Outcomes
- Chapter 4 CNLs Creating a Culture of Quality, Safety, and Value
- Chapter 5 Improvement and Implementation Sciences: Link to Innovation, Effectiveness, and Safety
- Chapter 6 How Communication Improves Care and Builds Alliances
- Chapter 7 The Imperative for Collaboration and Interprofessional Team Improvement
- Chapter 8 Networking and Community Advocacy
- Chapter 9 Selecting a Clinical Practice Site and Preceptor
- Chapter 10 Creative and Meaningful Clinical Immersions
- Chapter 11 Using Evidence to Guide CNL Projects and Clinical Outcomes
- Chapter 12 Using Project Management Basics for Sustained Improvement
- Chapter 13 Collecting, Analyzing, and Managing Projects and Improvement Data
- Chapter 14 Using Information and Healthcare Technologies to Guide CNL Practice
- Chapter 15 Transitions in Care
- Chapter 16 The Clinical Nurse Leaders Role in Population Health and Management
- Chapter 17 Achieving Excellence in CNL Practice
- Chapter 18 The CNL Engagement in Health Policy
- Chapter 19 CNL Certification and Professional Development
- Chapter 20 Creating a Culture of Health and Wellness: A Catalyst for Sustaining the CNL Role
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!