Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Foundations of Mental Health PromotionAuthors: Manoj Sharma, Paul Branscum
Every new print copy includes 365 day access to the Navigate 2 eBook for Foundations of Mental Health Promotion.
Written for undergraduate and graduate courses in public and community health, the second edition of Foundations of Mental Health Promotion provides a current look at mental health and mental illness with a focus on medical, epidemiological, behavioral, sociological, political, historical, developmental, and cultural perspectives in the field. Readers are introduced to the field of mental health promotion, and both individual-level and population-level approaches to handling mental health concerns are emphasized.
- UPDATED to reflect current CHES/MCHES competencies form NCHEC or DSM-5 and the latest version of ICD-11
- UPDATED models for mental health and health promotion are included throughout
- FOCUS FEATURES highlight interesting discoveries, important aspects, anecdotes or future directions being pursued on a particular topic discussed in the chapter
- ADDRESSES mental health promotion for children and adolescents, mental health promotion for adults, and mental health promotion for older adults
- SKILL-BUILDING ACTIVITIES have been revised to reflect current events in mental health promotion and CASE STUDY ACTIVITIES have been added
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Mental Health, Mental Illness, and Historical Perspectives
- Chapter 2 Roles of Health Educators and Health Promoters in Mental Health Promotion
- Chapter 3 Determinants of Mental Health
- Chapter 4 Stress and Coping
- Chapter 5 Understanding Major Psychotic Disorders
- Chapter 6 Understanding Mood, Anxiety, and Personality Disorders
- Chapter 7 Alcohol Dependence, Tobacco Use, and Substance Abuse
- Chapter 8 Essentials of Psychopharmacology and Treatment of Mental Health Disorders
- Chapter 9 Mental Health Promotion for Children and Adolescents
- Chapter 10 Mental Health Promotion for Adults
- Chapter 11 Mental Health for Older Adults
- Chapter 12 Mental Health Organizations