Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Bloodborne and Airborne PathogensAuthor: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens, Eighth Edition was developed for use as a manual within infection control courses offered through the Emergency Care & Safety Institute. This text is designed to meet the current Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) training requirements and to teach students and employees how to prepare for potential occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials.
Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogens, Eighth Edition includes:
- Up-to-date information supported by science and consistent with OSHA compliance
- Skill Drills that offer step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of critical skills
- Detailed information on strategies for preventing or reducing exposure to bloodborne and airborne pathogens, such as HIV, the hepatitis B virus, tuberculosis, and other unusual infectious diseases
- New content addressing superbugs such as COVID-19 and Ebola
- Guidance on setting up an exposure control plan