Academic book request
Outdoor Emergency Care: A Patroller’s Guide to Medical CareAuthor: National Ski Patrol
Developed in partnership with the National Ski Patrol, Outdoor Emergency Care: A Patroller’s Guide to Medical Care, Sixth Edition, is designed to prepare first responders to handle any medical situation in the outdoor environment, during all seasons.
The Sixth Edition features:
- A straightforward, consistent patient assessment process. The patient assessment process is presented in the same way patients are assessed in the health care system. Flowcharts are provided throughout the Patient Assessment chapter to keep the reader focused on each step of the process.
- Up-to-date content. As you read through each chapter, you will find new information that is current with present prehospital patient care.
- Subject matter that meets and, in many cases, exceeds the National Emergency Medical Responder criteria. Information unique for ski and bicycle patrollers, including extrication, is included. This material is presented in a format that combines the disciplines of urban EMS and wilderness medical rescue.
- Continuous case studies. A continuous case study is included in each chapter to encourage critical thinking and application of the information as readers progress through the chapter.
- End-of-chapter review questions. The review questions included at the end of each chapter allow students to evaluate the knowledge they have gained while reading the chapter.
- Focus on learning objectives. Specific objectives listed at the beginning of each chapter tell students at the outset what they are expected to learn as they move through the chapter.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!