PHTLS: Prehospital Trauma Life Support with Course ManualAuthor: National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT)
Over three decades ago, PHTLS: Prehospital Trauma Life Support transformed the assessment and management of trauma patients in the field, improving the quality of trauma patient care and saving lives around the world. The tenth edition of this trusted, comprehensive resource continues the PHTLS mission to promote excellence in trauma patient management by all prehospital care practitioners through global education. First developed by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) in the early 1980s in cooperation with the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma (ACS-COT), this proven program includes updated medical content to reflect current, evidence-based knowledge and practice. PHTLS promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care, knowing that EMS practitioners make the best decisions on behalf of their patients when given a solid foundation of knowledge and key principles to fuel their critical-thinking skills.
A Clear Approach to Assessing a Trauma Patient
In the field, seconds count. The tenth edition of PHTLS: Prehospital Trauma Life Support teaches and reinforces the principles of rapidly assessing a trauma patient using an orderly approach, immediately treating life-threatening problems as they are identified, and minimizing delays in initiating transport to an appropriate destination.
PHTLS, Tenth Edition features:
– The updated ACS National Guidelines for the Field Triage of Injured Patients
– An advanced discussion on the challenges of prolonged scene time
– Consideration of when to shift efforts from search and rescue to recovery in the setting of a drowning victim
– The United Kingdom Fire and Rescue Guidelines for search and rescue
– New content on blast injuries
– Clarification on the role of pelvic binders
– Presentation of the emerging role of prehospital blood transfusion in hemorrhagic shock in reducing 30-day mortality
– Current content addressing special considerations, including weapons of mass destruction and environmental trauma
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!