Academic book request
Wilderness First Aid Field GuideAuthors: AAOS, Alton L. Thygerson, Steven M. Thygerson
Wilderness First Aid Field Guide, Third Edition is your user-friendly, pocket-sized guide that provides quick access to essential information for handling common injuries and illnesses when medical care is an hour or more away. This durable and water-resistant resource features:
- User-friendly A-Z format
- Decision tables outlining what signs to look for and what treatment steps to take
- How to signal for help, when to evacuate, and recommended first aid supplies
- New content on back blows for adults, encircling thumbs CPR technique for infants, and more
- Prevention advice ranging from altitude illness and bear attacks to waterborne diseases and tick bites
The Third Edition has been revised to place special emphasis on life-saving skills so responders have greater willingness and confidence to act and communicate during actual emergencies. Additionally, the content has been updated to meet and exceed the following guidelines:
- International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) recommendations
- Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) guidelines
- Wilderness Medical Society guidelines
- Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!