Academic book request
Fire Department Incident Safety Officer (Revised)Author: David W. Dodson
This revised third edition of Fire Department Incident Safety Officer prepares aspiring and current incident safety officers (ISOs) to meet and exceed the specific job requirements outlined in Chapter 5 of NFPA 1521, Standard for Fire Department Safety Officer Professional Qualifications, 2020 Edition. This extensively revised third edition includes current information on responding to incidents involving hazardous materials, wildland fire, technical rescue, and other disasters, in addition to providing methods for the development and improvement of existing safety programs.
Fire Department Incident Safety Officer is written in a casual, straightforward manner and thoroughly describes the best practices for the ISO, based upon the most current data available. In addition, access is given to Navigate 2 online learning materials, including a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytic, reporting tools, and more.
The Revised Third Edition features include:
- Detailed discussions on contamination control during hazardous materials incidents and ensuring safety during traffic incidents
- Updated discussions on structural fires and on-scene contamination reduction processes for cancer prevention
- A dedicated chapter on the use of ISOs during training activities and planned, nonemergency events
- Updated content on fire fighter rehabilitation strategies and ISO concerns associated with fire suppression staffing and deployment per NFPA 1710/1720 criteria
- An exploration of the impact of recent fire behavior research projects on ISOs
- Updates on new and alternative building construction methods
- Case studies and follow-up questions that strengthen critical-thinking skills and reinforce key chapter concepts