Academic book request
Wildland Firefighter: Principles and Practice, RevisedAuthor/s: Joseph D. Lowe
Wildland Fire Fighter: Principles and Practice, Revised Second Edition is packaged with Navigate Advantage access which unlocks an interactive eBook, study aids and assessments, and a dashboard that reports actionable data.
Wildland Fire Fighter: Principles and Practice, Revised Second Edition meets and exceeds the job performance requirements and objectives as outlined in the following National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and National Wildland Coordinating Group (NWCG) standards:
- NFPA 1051, Standard for Wildland Firefighting Personnel Professional Qualifications, 2020 Edition (Chapters 4 and 5)
- NWCG S-190, Introduction to Wildland Fire Behaviour, 2019 Edition
- NWCG S-130, Firefighter Training, 2008 Edition
- NWCG L-180, Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service, 2014 Edition
From wildland fire service history, to safety, to water supply, to firing operations, this single manual covers everything an NFPA Wildland Fire Fighter I and Wildland Fire Fighter II (NWCG Fire Fighter Type 2 and 1) needs to know. In addition, the Second Edition was significantly updated and reorganized to better serve the Wildland Fire Fighter I and Wildland Fire Fighter II. The program now features two distinct sections. Section 1 includes six chapters, which set the foundation for Wildland Fire Fighter I knowledge and understanding. Section 2 comprises eight chapters, which encompass the higher-level competencies required for Wildland Fire Fighter II. This new organization will allow instructors the flexibility to teach their Wildland Fire Fighter I and II course(s) exactly the way they wish.
The features in this text will help students take that extra step toward becoming outstanding wildland fire fighters. These features include:
- The Revised Second Edition includes a new Appendix B with a correlation grid identifying the assigned job performance requirements in NFPA 1140, Standard for Wildland Fire Protection, 2022 Edition, as well as Appendix C, a correlation grid for NWCG-130 Firefighter Training 2022 Edition.
- Refined Table of Contents. Now divided by level, the new table of contents addresses NFPA and NWCG requirements and objectives in an easy-to-follow manner.
- Includes chapters on The Wildland Fire Service, Wildland/Urban Interface Considerations, Tools and Equipment, Human Resources, and Radio Communications ensure a comprehensive understanding of history, safety, and operations.
- Scenario-Based Learning. You are the Wildland Fire Fighter and Wildland Fire Fighter in Action case scenarios are found in each chapter to encourage and foster critical-thinking skills.
- Practical Tips for Wildland Fire Fighters. The Listen Up! and Did You Know? features provide helpful advice and encouragement.
- Skill Drills. This feature provides written step-by-step explanations and visuals for important skills and procedures. This clear, concise format enhances student comprehension of complex procedures.
- After-Action Review Section. The end-of-chapter review includes detailed chapter summaries and key terms to reinforce important principles.
- Updated photos and illustrations. New and improved photos and illustrations enhance learning with visuals of incidents and training simulations, as well as highlighting advances in tools and equipment.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!