Principles of Fire and Emergency Services Administration includes Navigate Advantage AccessAuthors:
The Principles of Fire and Emergency Services Administration, Second Edition provides in-depth information needed to be a successful company officer, battalion, commander, deputy chief or chief executive officer, providing the necessary base curriculum to meet the FESHE requirements. With experience in leading various departments and national organizations, Chief Bruegman’s experience as a brings a real-world focus on the principles of leadership and management in a changing environment. This text will help you to understand your personal style and tendencies so you can develop your leadership abilities and capacity, with a focus on preparing you to be successful in the future. This text brings a focus on leadership ethics, team building, analytical approaches to the fire and emergency services, continuous quality improvement, community risk reduction, and looks at future trends that will impact the profession.
Principles of Fire and Emergency Services Administration, Second Edition answers three key questions for aspiring fire service leaders:
- What are the important issues for leaders in today’s fire and emergency services?
- What will make a leader become more successful in the future?
- What makes excellent fire and emergency service leaders?
Principles of Fire and Emergency Services Administration, Second Edition answers these questions in 12 concise chapters and will enable you to succeed as a Company Officer, Battalion Commander, Deputy Chief, or Chief Executive Officer. Each chapter covers a critical fire and emergency service leadership topic and provides meaningful real-world perspectives.
- Chapter 1: Our Heritage and Our History – Focuses on the historical events that have forged today’s profession and the lessons that are reflected in each organization.
- Chapter 2: Preparing for Your Future – Delivers the tools you need to draw a personal roadmap for success.
- Chapter 3: Principles of Leadership and Management – Demonstrates how the academics of leadership and management research are actually applied on a daily basis.
- Chapter 4: What Is Your Leadership Style? – Enables you to identify how you lead and manage and why you lead that way.
- Chapter 5: Leading and Managing in a Changing Environment – Provides an insightful look into how we handle change on a personal and organizational level.
- Chapter 6: Leadership Ethics – Focuses on the elements critical to ethical leadership and management practices.
- Chapter 7: Personnel Management: Building Your Team – Explores the elements of team building and explains how to blend various personalities to get the most from your team.
- Chapter 8: Managing the Fire and Emergency Services – Focuses on the support elements so vital to every organization, budget, and personnel management.
- Chapter 9: Analytical Approaches to the Fire and Emergency Services – Delivers an in-depth look at the history of deployment practices in the United States and provides the basis to begin developing a standard of coverage model for your own community.
- Chapter 10: Continuous Quality Improvement for the Fire and Emergency Services – Explores the methods of quality improvement and how the methods enrich the services delivered to citizens every day.
- Chapter 11: Community Risk Reduction and Resiliency – Provides an in-depth overview of the changes in disaster planning and response since September 11, 2001.
- Chapter 12: Shaping the Future – Explores the possibilities of what may occur in the fire service, and how you can play an important role in helping to shape the future of the fire service.
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!