Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Advantage PackageAuthor: American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Advantage Package includes:
|Content||Instruction||Student Learning Materials|
|Active Learning Activities+||Virtual Mentor Lectures+|
|Soft Skill Simulations|
|+Limited quantities available. ++Only available when assigned by instructors.|
About Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Twelfth Edition:
Since 1971, Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured has advanced how EMS education is delivered to help train exceptional EMS professionals around the globe. Fifty years later, the Twelfth Edition is now the most comprehensive, innovative EMT educational solution ever developed. Concepts of teamwork, communication, and empathy are woven throughout the chapters, challenging students to become more compassionate, conscientious health care professionals as well as skilled clinicians.
Current, State-of-the-Art Content
The Twelfth Edition delivers the latest medical evidence and alignment to current standards, along with a revised layout to improve readability.
- Comprehensive coverage of the National EMS Education Standards and the 2020 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- Updated coverage of PPE and CDC guidelines for safe patient care during COVID-19 pandemic.
A Focus on Career Readiness and Employability
For those who care about more than just pass rates, the Twelfth Edition is devoted to addressing the most common job readiness issues reported by employers.
- Greater emphasis on empathy, teamwork, interpersonal skills, and problem solving to ensure students are well prepared as they transition into the field.
- A new “Street Smarts” feature that helps bridge the gap between the classroom and field environment by addressing nontechnical skills that improve patient and co-worker interactions.
- Enhanced content on provider mental health, wellness, and safety.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Section 1 Preparatory
- Chapter 1 EMS Systems
- Chapter 2 Workforce Safety and Wellness
- Chapter 3 Medical, Legal, and Ethical Issues
- Chapter 4 Communication and Documentation
- Chapter 5 Medical Terminology
- Chapter 6 The Human Body
- Chapter 7 Life Span Development
- Chapter 8 Lifting and Moving Patients
- Chapter 9 The Team Approach to Health Care
- Section 2 Patient Assessment
- Chapter 10 Patient Assessment
- Section 3 Airway
- Chapter 11 Airway Management
- Section 4 Pharmacology
- Chapter 12 Principles of Pharmacology
- Section 5 Shock and Resuscitation
- Chapter 13 Shock
- Chapter 14 BLS Resuscitation
- Section 6 Medical
- Chapter 15 Medical Overview
- Chapter 16 Respiratory Emergencies
- Chapter 17 Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Chapter 18 Neurologic Emergencies
- Chapter 19 Gastrointestinal and Urologic Emergencies
- Chapter 20 Endocrine and Hematologic Emergencies
- Chapter 21 Allergy and Anaphylaxis
- Chapter 22 Toxicology
- Chapter 23 Behavioral Health Emergencies
- Chapter 24 Gynecologic Emergencies
- Section 7 Trauma
- Chapter 25 Trauma Overview
- Chapter 26 Bleeding
- Chapter 27 Soft-Tissue Injuries
- Chapter 28 Face and Neck Injuries
- Chapter 29 Head and Spine Injuries
- Chapter 30 Chest Injuries
- Chapter 31 Abdominal and Genitourinary Injuries
- Chapter 32 Orthopaedic Injuries
- Chapter 33 Environmental Health Emergencies
- Section 8 Special Patient Populations
- Chapter 34 Obstetrics and Neonatal Care
- Chapter 35 Pediatric Emergencies
- Chapter 36 Geriatric Emergencies
- Chapter 37 Patients with Special Challenges
- Section 9 EMS Operations
- Chapter 38 Transport Operations
- Chapter 39 Vehicle Extrication and Special Rescue
- Chapter 40 Incident Management
- Chapter 41 Terrorism Response and Disaster Management