Advanced Fire & Emergency Services AdministrationAuthor/s: Randy R Bruegman
Advanced Fire and Emergency Services Administration, Second Edition includes all of the information necessary to provide the current or future chief officer with the knowledge to lead and prepare their organization while making the necessary shifts to be relevant and sustainable in the future. The text is designed to be a progressive primer for students who are seeking more knowledge about fire and emergency service administration. It also demonstrates the importance of the following skills necessary to manage and lead a fire and emergency services department through the challenges and changes of the 21st century:
- Persuasion and influence
- Accountable budgeting
- Anticipation of challenges and the need for change
- Using specific management tools for analyzing and solving problems
With Advanced Fire and Emergency Services Administration, Second Edition, learners will see firsthand how the leader of a fire and emergency services department develops internal and external cooperative skills to create a coordinated approach to achieving the department’s mission and goals.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1: Our Past is Often a Window to Our Future
- Chapter 2: A Community Approach to the Fire and Emergency Services
- Chapter 3: The Leadership of Change
- Chapter 4: Planning for Organizational Success
- Chapter 5: An Integrated Approach to Community Risk Reduction
- Chapter 6: Managing in a Changing Environment, Measuring System Performance
- Chapter 7: Fiscal Management in Difficult times
- Chapter 8: The 21st Century Workplace
- Chapter 9: Ethics in the Fire and Emergency Services
- Chapter 10: Building the Strategic Value of the Fire and Emergency Services in the 21st Century
- Chapter 11: The Future: The Legacy of Leadership
- Chapter 12: The 21st Century Fire and Emergency Services: The City Managers Perspective
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!