Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Security Policies and Implementation IssuesAuthors: Robert Johnson, Chuck Easttom
Security Policies and Implementation Issues, Third Edition offers a comprehensive, end-to-end view of information security policies and frameworks from the raw organisational mechanics of building to the psychology of implementation. Written by industry experts, the new Third Edition presents an effective balance between technical knowledge and soft skills, while introducing many different concepts of information security in clear simple terms such as governance, regulator mandates, business drivers, legal considerations, and much more. With step-by-step examples and real-world exercises, this book is a must-have resource for students, security officers, auditors, and risk leaders looking to fully understand the process of implementing successful sets of security policies and frameworks.
Features and Benefits
- Introduces the latest version of the COBIT(Control Objectives for Information Technologies) framework
- Covers critical regulations such as GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
- Examines the technical knowledge and software skills required for policy implementation
- Expanded topics such as security models and vulnerabilities
- Explores the creation of an effective IT security policy framework
- Includes coverage of new mobile polices such as:
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- CYOD (Choose Your Own Device)
- COPE (Corporate-Owned, Personally Enabled)
- Available with updated Theory Labs
Part of the Jones & Bartlett Learning Information Systems Security & Assurance Series! Click here to learn more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part 1 Information Systems Security Policy Management
- Chapter 1 Information Systems Security Policy Management
- Chapter 2 Business Drivers for Information Security Policies
- Chapter 3 Compliance Laws and Information Security Policy Requirements
- Chapter 4 Business Challenges Within the Seven Domains of IT Responsibility
- Chapter 5 Information Security Policy Implementation Issues
- Part 2 Information Security Policy Implementation Issues
- Chapter 6 IT Security Policy Frameworks
- Chapter 7 How to Design, Organize, Implement, and Maintain IT Security Policies
- Chapter 8 IT Security Policy Framework Approaches
- Chapter 9 User Domain Policies
- Chapter 10 IT Infrastructure Security Policies
- Chapter 11 Data Classification and Handling Policies and Risk Management Policies
- Chapter 12 Incident Response Team (IRT) Policies
- Part 3 Implementing and Maintaining an IT Security Policy
- Chapter 13 IT Security Policy Implementations
- Chapter 14 IT Security Policy Enforcement
- Chapter 15 IT Policy Compliance and Compliance Technologies