Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Discrete Structures, Logic, And ComputabilityAuthor: James L. Hein
Includes Access To Student Companion Website.
Updated To Align To The Latest 2013 ACM/IEEE Computer Science Curricula, Discrete Structures, Logic, And Computability, Fourth Edition Is Designed For The One- To Two-Term Discrete Mathematics Course. The Structure Of The Book Supports The Spiral Method Of Learning, By First Introducing Basic Information, Allowing Students To Work On The Problem, And Then Revisiting The Topic As New Information And Skills Are Established. This Method, Coupled With A Student-Friendly And Simplified Writing Style, Provides An Accessible Yet Comprehensive Level Of Coverage.
Written For Prospective Computer Scientists, Computer Engineers, Or Applied Mathematicians, Who Wish To Learn About The Ideas That Underlie Computer Science, This Edition Contains An Extensive Coverage Of Logic, Setting It Apart From Other Books In The Field.
New And Key Features Of The Fourth Edition:
• NEW! – Over 300 New Exercises And 125 New Examples Have Been Added Throughout The Text
• NEW! – Learning Objectives And Review Questions Have Been Added To Every Section
• NEW! – Includes A New Chapter 10, Graph Theory, Expanding The Introductory Material Presented In Chapter 1
• EXPANDED! – Provides Expanded Coverage Of Informal Proof , Which Includes A Wider Range Of Proof Techniques And Examples
• EXPANDED! – Provides Expanded Coverage Of Discrete Probability Including Conditional Independence And Elementary Statistics
• NEW! – Includes Access To The Navigate Student Companion Website, Featuring A Student Study Guide And A Lab Book Of Experiments That Use A Free Open-Source Mathematics Software System