Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Brief Calculus For The Business, Social, And Life SciencesAuthors: Bill Armstrong, Don Davis
Designed For Economics, Business, Or Social Or Behavioral Science Majors In A One- Or Two-Term Course, Brief Calculus For The Business, Social, And Life Sciences Presents Mathematics In A Clear And Accessible Language. Engaging, Real-World Examples And Real Data Applications Make Calculus Relevant, And The Easy-To-Read Conversational Style Of The Text Evokes The One-On-One Communication Of A Personalized Tutorial Session Without Sacrificing Depth Of Coverage Or Intellectual Rigor. The Revised And Updated Third Edition Of This Popular Text Includes A New, Four-Step Problem-Solving Method That Allows Students To Independently Find Solutions To A Broad Spectrum Of Problem Sets.
Rich In Pedagogical Features, This Text Includes Comprehensive Exercise Sets, Chapter Openers That Outline Key Concepts For Each Chapter, And Flashback Features That Revisit And Reinforce Content From Previous Chapters. The Third Edition Contains All-New Exercises, Updated Real-World Data For Modeling Applications, And Section Objectives That Provide Students With A Clear Understanding Of Learning Goals For Each Section. The Text Is Packaged With A Full Ancillary Suite Of Instructor Resources, Including A Test Bank, Lecture Outlines In Powerpoint Format, Webassign, And A Complete Solutions Manual; Additional Student Resources Include A Student Solutions Manual And Access To The Student Companion Website. Brief Calculus For The Business, Social, And Life Sciences Is A Comprehensive, Student-Friendly Text That Will Gently Push Students To New Levels Of Independent Problem-Solving.
Key Features Of The New Third Edition Include:
• Optional Highlighted Technology Option Sections That Point Out How Solutions Can Be Found Using A Graphing Calculator
• From Your Toolbox Feature That Reinforces Previously Introduced Material
• Real Data Applications, Fully Revised And Updated For The Third Edition, That Keep Problems Relevant And Interesting
• Comprehensive Exercise Sets, Including Concept And Writing Exercises, Vocabulary Exercises, And Application Exercises
• Clearly Defined Four-Step Problem-Solving Method New To The Third Edition
• User-Friendly, Conversational Approach That Mimics The Style Of An Individualized Tutorial Session
• Chapter Openers And Section Objectives That Clearly Outline Key Concepts For Each Chapter And Section
• Section Projects That Encourage Further Study, Reflection, And Independent Research
• A Full Suite Of Ancillary Student And Instructor Resources