Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Managing Risk in Information SystemsAuthor: Darril Gibson
Revised and updated with the latest data in the field, the third edition of Managing Risk in Information Systems provides a comprehensive overview of the SSCP® Risk, Response, and Recovery Domain in addition to providing a thorough overview of risk management and its implications on IT infrastructures and compliance. Written by industry experts, and using a wealth of examples and exercises, this book incorporates hands-on activities to walk the reader through the fundamentals of risk management, strategies and approaches for mitigating risk, and the anatomy of how to create a plan that reduces risk.
Part of the Jones & Bartlett Learning Information Systems Security & Assurance Series! Click here to learn more.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a modern and comprehensive view of information security policies and frameworks
- Examines the technical knowledge and software skills required for policy implementation
- Explores the creation of an effective IT security policy framework
- Discusses the latest governance, regulatory mandates, business drives, legal considerations, and much more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part 1 Risk Management Business Challenges
- Chapter 1 Risk Management Fundamentals
- Chapter 2 Managing Risk: Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits
- Chapter 3 Maintaining Compliance
- Chapter 4 Developing a Risk Management Plan
- Part 2 Mitigating Risks
- Chapter 5 Defining Risk Assessment Approaches
- Chapter 6 Performing a Risk Assessment
- Chapter 7 Identifying Assets and Activities to Be Protected
- Chapter 8 Identifying and Analyzing Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits
- Chapter 9 Identifying and Analyzing Risk Mitigation Security Controls
- Chapter 10 Planning Risk Mitigation Throughout Your Organization
- Chapter 11 Turning Your Risk Assessment into a Risk Mitigation Plan
- Part 3 Risk Mitigation Plans
- Chapter 12 Mitigating Risk with a Business Impact Analysis
- Chapter 13 Mitigating Risk with a Business Continuity Plan
- Chapter 14 Mitigating Risk with a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Chapter 15 Mitigating Risk with a Computer Incident Response Team Plan