Academic book request
Topics are presented in a logical, comprehensive manner and code is presented in both short code fragments and complete web pages, allowing readers to grasp concepts quickly and then apply the concepts in the context of a complete web page. Each chapter concludes with an optional case study, which builds upon itself to create a sophisticated website. The case studies allow students to apply what they have learned and gives them a feel for the real-world design process.
Features and Benefits
- Written in a fun, conversational tone to engage readers in the learning process
- Presents content in a way that helps develop creativity and problem-solving skills
- Case Studies close out each chapter and discuss the creation of an increasingly sophisticated website
- Strikes an appropriate balance between short code fragments and complete web pages so readers are able to grasp new concepts quickly and apply those concepts in the context of complete web pages
- Includes three types of homework problems at the end of each chapter — review questions, exercises and projects
- Instructor resources include Slides in PowerPoint format, Exercise and Project solutions, Test Bank, and Additional Projects
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter 1: Introduction to Web Programming
Chapter 2: Coding Standards, Block Elements, Text Elements, and Character References
Chapter 3 : Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Chapter 4: Organizing a Page’s Content with Lists, Figures, and Various Organizational Elements
Chapter 5: Tables and CSS Layout
Chapter 6: Links and Images
Chapter 7: Image Manipulations, Audio, and Video
Chapter 11: Object-Oriented Programming and Arrays
Chapter 12: Canvas
Appendix 1: HTML5 and CSS Coding-Style Conventions
Become a Class VIP!
Sign up to hear about new products, promotions and more! Plus, enjoy a 25% discount and free P&P each month!