Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Wireless and Mobile Device SecurityAuthor: Jim Doherty
The world of wireless and mobile devices is evolving rapidly, with many individuals relying solely on their wireless devices in the workplace and in the home. The growing use of mobile devices demands that organizations become more educated in securing this technology and determining how to best protect their assets. Written by an industry expert, Wireless and Mobile Device Security, Second Edition explores the evolution of wired networks to wireless networking and its impact on the corporate world. Using case studies and real-world events, it goes on to discuss risk assessments, threats, and vulnerabilities of wireless networks, as well as the security measures that should be put in place to mitigate breaches.
Features and Benefits
- Available with Cybersecurity Cloud Labs, providing immersive mock IT infrastructures where students can learn and practice foundational cybersecurity skills.
- Discusses the history and evolution of wireless networks, including emerging trends in 5G connectivity and IOT
- Explores the impact of wireless on the corporate world
- Focuses on 802.11 WLAN security in both the small office/home office world and for larger organizations
- Offers security solutions for the risks and vulnerabilities in mobile devices
- Surveys the mobile malware landscape and discusses mitigation strategies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 The Evolution of Data and Wireless Networks
- Chapter 2 The Mobile Revolution
- Chapter 3 Anywhere, Anytime, on Anything: “There’s an App for That!”
- Chapter 4 Security Threats Overview: Wired, Wireless, and Mobile
- Chapter 5 WLAN Security
- Chapter 6 WLAN and IP Networking Threat and Vulnerability Analysis
- Chapter 7 Basic WLAN Security Measures
- Chapter 8 Advanced WLAN Security Measures
- Chapter 9 WLAN Auditing Tools
- Chapter 10 WLAN and IP Network Risk Assessment
- Chapter 11 Mobile Communication Security Challenges
- Chapter 12 Mobile Device Security Models
- Chapter 13 Mobile Wireless Attacks and Remediation
- Chapter 14 Fingerprinting Mobile Devices
- Chapter 15 Mobile Malware and Application-Based Threats