Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Network Security, Firewalls, and VPNsAuthor: J. Michael Stewart
Network Security, Firewalls, and VPNs, Third Edition provides a unique, in-depth look at the major business challenges and threats that are introduced when an organization’s network is connected to the public Internet. Written by industry experts, this book provides a comprehensive explanation of network security basics, including how hackers access online networks and the use of Firewalls and VPNs to provide security countermeasures. Using examples and exercises, this book incorporates hands-on activities to prepare the reader to disarm threats and prepare for emerging technologies and future attacks.
Features and Benefits
- Available with the Cloud Labs which provide a hands-on, immersive mock IT infrastructure enabling students to test their skills with realistic security scenarios
- New Chapter on detailing network topologies
- The Table of Contents has been fully restructured to offer a more logical sequencing of subject matter
- Introduces the basics of network security—exploring the details of firewall security and how VPNs operate
- Increased coverage on device implantation and configuration
- Discusses firewall configuration and deployment and managing firewall security
Part of the Jones & Bartlett Learning Information Systems Security & Assurance Series! Click here to learn more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Fundamentals of Network Security
- Chapter 2 Network Security Threats
- Chapter 3 Common Network Topologies and Infrastructures
- Chapter 4 Network Design Considerations
- Chapter 5 Firewall Fundamentals
- Chapter 6 Firewall Implementation
- Chapter 7 Firewall Deployment Considerations
- Chapter 8 Configuring Firewalls
- Chapter 9 VPN Fundamentals
- Chapter 10 VPN Management
- Chapter 11 VPN Technologies
- Chapter 12 VPN Implementation
- Chapter 13 Firewall Security Management
- Chapter 14 Best Practices for Network Security Management
- Chapter 15 Emerging Technology and Regulatory Considerations