Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Managing Risk in Information SystemsAuthor: Darril Gibson
Managing Risk in Information Systems, Third Edition provides a comprehensive overview of risk management and its implications on IT infrastructures and compliance. This new edition addresses risk across entire Information Systems, including Data, People, Processes, and Technology. Written by industry experts, and using a wealth of examples and exercises, this text incorporates hands-on activities to walk the reader through the fundamentals of risk management, strategies and approaches for mitigating risk, and the anatomy of how to create a plan that reduces risk.
Features and Benefits
Part of the Jones & Bartlett Learning Information Systems Security & Assurance Series! Click here to learn more.
- Available with new Cybersecurity Cloud Labs, which provide immersive mock IT infrastructures where students can learn and practice foundational cybersecurity skills
- Includes the latest information on new and emerging topics such as Cloud Computing, Mobile Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and more
- Provides a modern and comprehensive view of information security policies and frameworks
- Examines the technical knowledge and software skills required for policy implementation
- Explores the creation of an effective IT security policy framework
- Updated with the latest coverage of GDPR, COBIT, CVE, and NIST
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Part 1 Risk Management Business Challenges
- Chapter 1 Risk Management Fundamentals
- Chapter 2 Managing Risk: Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits
- Chapter 3 Maintaining Compliance
- Chapter 4 Developing a Risk Management Plan
- Part 2 Mitigating Risks
- Chapter 5 Defining Risk Assessment Approaches
- Chapter 6 Performing a Risk Assessment
- Chapter 7 Identifying Assets and Activities to Be Protected
- Chapter 8 Identifying and Analyzing Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Exploits
- Chapter 9 Identifying and Analyzing Risk Mitigation Security Controls
- Chapter 10 Planning Risk Mitigation Throughout Your Organization
- Chapter 11 Turning Your Risk Assessment into a Risk Mitigation Plan
- Part 3 Risk Mitigation Plans
- Chapter 12 Mitigating Risk with a Business Impact Analysis
- Chapter 13 Mitigating Risk with a Business Continuity Plan
- Chapter 14 Mitigating Risk with a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Chapter 15 Mitigating Risk with a Computer Incident Response Team Plan