Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Fundamentals of Information Systems SecurityAuthors: David Kim, Michael G. Solomon
Revised and updated with the latest trends and information in the field, Fundamentals of Information Systems Security, Fourth Edition provides a comprehensive overview of the concepts readers must know as they pursue careers in information systems security. The text opens with a discussion of emerging technologies and the risks, threats, and vulnerabilities associated with our digital world. Part II takes a deeper dive into the foundational knowledge areas and functions associated with a career in information security. The book closes with a survey of information security standards, professional certifications, and compliance laws. With its practical, conversational writing style and step-by-step examples, this text is a must-have resource for those entering the world of information systems security.
Each new print copy includes Navigate eBook Access, a digital-only e-book with 365-day access.
Features and Benefits
- Available with new Cybersecurity Cloud Labs, which provide immersive mock IT infrastructures where students can learn and practice foundational cybersecurity skills.
- Offers a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the field of information security.
- Maps to the major domains of the CompTIA Security+ Certification exam.
- Includes a new chapter on Digital Forensics.
- Features additional coverage of AI, Big Data, 5G, Cloud, and other emerging technologies.