Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Understanding Organized CrimeAuthor: Stephen L Mallory
Today, The World Is Facing An Increasing Impact From Established Organized Crime, Emerging Transnational Organized Crime, And Gangs That Requires An Understanding Of Who And What These Organizations Are And How They Achieve Their Goals. Updated To Include New And Relevant Research And Statistics, Understanding Organized Crime, Second Edition Provides Students With A Better Understanding Of How And Why These Criminal Groups Continue To Dominate The World Of Crime And What Law Enforcement Must Do To Address This Threat.
Written By A Leading Expert In The Field And Based On His Experience And Academic Research, Understanding Organized Crime, Second Edition Is A Comprehensive Introduction To The Subject And Includes Coverage Of The Types Of Organized Crime, Definitions Of Organized Crime, Why It Continues To Exist, And How It Has Evolved Throughout History. Material Covered Includes The Structure And Hierarchy Of Each Organization, Their Methods Of Operation, And The Techniques And Laws Used By Law Enforcement To Address The Dynamic Nature Of Domestic And Transnational Organized Crime. Using The Author’S Unique Approach To The Topic, Students Will Learn About Organized Crime Through The Eyes Of The Criminal Investigator, And How Law-Enforcement Practitioners Today Are Counteracting These Criminal Organizations.
New And Key Features Of The Second Edition:
• Revised And Updated To Include New And Relevant Research, Statistics, And Case Studies To Help Students Understand The True Nature Of Organized Crime And The Players Involved.
• Chapter 5 (Mexican Drug Trafficking Organizations) Has Been Updated To Include The Most Recent Information On New Alliances And Wars Over Territories And Smuggling Routes Between Established Cartels And Emerging Organizations In Mexico.
• A New Chapter, The Nexus Of Transnational Organized Crime And Terrorism, Addresses The Increasing Connections Between Terrorist Groups And Transnational Organized Crime, Including New Challenges Facing Governments And Law Enforcement In Identifying And Prosecuting These Cooperative Networks.
• Provides Information Outlining The New Age Of Piracy That Has Resulted In The Creation Of Task Forces That Focus On Areas Around The Gulf Of Aden Off The Coast Of Somalia.
• Additional And Updated Information Is Now Included In The Chapters On The Russian Mafia, The Italian-American Mafia, The Yakuza, And Outlaw Bikers.
Every New Copy Of This Textbook Includes An Access Code To The Companion Website. The Access Code Will Unlock A Variety Of Interactive Study Tools To Aid In Your Students’ Success In Your Course On Organized Crime.
*Powerpoint Lecture Outlines
*Answers To End Of Chapter Questions
* Companion Website (Secure) Featuring: