Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Environmental CrimeAuthors: Mary Clifford, Terry D. Edwards
Environmental Crime Is An Increasingly Serious Problem Nationally And Internationally, And Is An Expanding Field Of Study In Today’S Environmentally Conscious Classroom. Fully Revised And Updated, Environmental Crime, Second Edition Revisits The Early Construction Of Environmental Crime As A Subject Of Study And Addresses New And Emerging Subjects Of Study, Specifically Focused On The United States But Including Research From Europe, Australia, And Around The World.
Comprehensive And Interdisciplinary In Its Focus, This Second Edition Is Written By A Collection Of Experts In The Field And Presents Themes Related To The Social, Cultural, Political, Economic, Scientific And Legal Contexts Of Environmental Crime. Each Chapter Includes Key Terms, Review Questions, Discussion Questions, And References. The Accessible Style And Easy-To-Read Format Make Environmental Crime, Second Edition Ideal For Anyone From Any Discipline, With Little To No Exposure To The Subject Matter.
New Material Added To The Second Edition:
• New Chapter On The Relationship Between Social And Political Activism And Legislative Change
• New Chapter On Crime Theories Specifically Focused On Environmental Issues
• Updates On The History And Legislation
• Updates On Definition And Related Terms
• Updates On State And Local Issues
• Updates On Police, Courts, Sentencing And Punishments
• New Online Link With Additional Resources For Students
* Includes Contributions From Nationally And Internationally Known Experts On The Topic Of Environmental Crime
* Provides A Comprehensive Focus On The United States Laws And Policies Related To Environmental Law, Violations, Punishments And Sanctions
* Includes A Historical Review Of Law Creation And Activist Protests Focused On Organizing And Changing Laws Around Environmental Protections And Environmental Harms
* Interdisciplinary In Its Focus, The Text Includes Biological Sciences, History And Political Debates, Economics, Media, Crime Theory And Its Application, In Addition To Sections On International Constructions Of Environmental Crime And Future Research Directions
* Test Bank
* Powerpoint Lecture Outlines
* Answers To End Of Chapter Questions