Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Prisons Today And TomorrowAuthors: Ashley G. Blackburn, Shannon K. Fowler, Joycelyn M. Pollock
A Thoroughly Revised And Updated Third Edition Of An Essential Text
Prisons Today And Tomorrow Is A Balanced, Comprehensive Text Designed To Introduce Students And Other Readers To The Reality Of Corrections. Beginning With An Overview Of Prisons Throughout History, The Text Moves To An Analysis Of The Philosophy And Practice Of Modern Corrections. Detailed Descriptions Of “Life On The Inside,” An Analysis Of Trends In Current Correctional Populations, And An Overview Of The Future Of Corrections Make Prisons Today And Tomorrow The Most Current And Relevant Correctional Textbook On The Market Today. At Every Step, Students Are Encouraged To Engage In Critical And Analytical Discussion On The Role Of Incarceration And The Challenges Faced By Corrections Personnel, Lawmakers, And Newly Released Prisoners Attempting To Reintegrate Into Society.
The Revised Third Edition Includes Fully Updated Information And All-New Chapters And Contributors, Including An Up-To-Date Examination Of Modern Issues Facing Prisoners And Prison Administration. With Its Accessible But Comprehensive Approach And Clear, Realistic Style, Prisons Today And Tomorrow Is Suitable For Corrections And Sociology Students At Both The Undergraduate And Graduate Level. Featuring Chapters Contributed By Leading Authorities In The Field, Current Case Studies And Research, And Insightful, Probing Questions For Further Discussion, Prisons Today And Tomorrow Is An Essential Text For Any Student In The Field.
The Revised And Updated Third Edition Includes:
• Current Case Studies And Up-To-Date Statistical Information And Research
• Features Chapters Contributed By Leading Authorities In The Field
• Fully Rewritten And Updated Chapter On Modern Issues Facing Prisoners And Prison Administration Personnel
• A Comprehensive Overview Of Future Challenges In Prison Management
• Learning Objectives And Vocabulary Call-Outs For Every Chapter
• Review And Discussion Questions For Every Chapter That Encourage Material Retention And Critical Thinking
• Every New Print Copy Includes Full Student Access To The Companion Website, Which Features A Variety Of Engaging Interactive Study Tools