Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
Delinquency in SocietyAuthors: Robert M. Regoli, John D. Hewitt, Matt DeLisi
Delinquency in Society, Eleventh Edition provides in-depth, research-oriented coverage of the essentials on delinquency topics and theories, including juvenile delinquency, criminal behavior, and status-offending youths.
The Eleventh Edition continues to capture the most current research and practice to prevent, treat, and respond to juvenile delinquency. The text has unparalleled historical coverage of criminological theory based on over 100 years of cumulative teaching and research experience by the authors. Exciting new features are the addition of evidence-based practices, application box features to show programs, policies, and initiatives that help to reduce delinquency, and a films and documentaries section to connect instructors and students with media that exemplify course content.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 eBook Access to read your digital textbook online or offline, on computers, tablets, and mobile devices.
Features and Benefits
- New! Evidence-based practices and application box features to show programs, policies, and initiatives that help to reduce delinquency.
- New! Films and documentaries section to connect instructors and students with media that exemplify course content.
- Updated to reflect the most current research and practice to prevent, treat, and respond to juvenile delinquency.
- Incorporates historical and current events to provide insight into contemporary issues.
- Popular features, such as: From the Bench, Theory in a Nutshell, A Window on Delinquency, The Face of Delinquency, Delinquency Controversy, Delinquency Around the Globe, and Delinquency Prevention have been retained and updated to engage students as they read.
- End-of-chapter features, including Wrap Up, Chapter Spotlight, and Critical Thinking questions, assess and ensure student comprehension.