Academic book request
In order to decide if a book might be suitable for your course we know that you need to look at it in detail.
If you are an academic teaching a course of 12 or more students you can choose up to three complimentary inspection copies of textbooks that are applicable to the courses that you teach.
To request your inspection copies, please complete the form below.
The Human Body: Concepts of Anatomy and PhysiologyAuthor/s: Bruce Wingerd, Patty Bostwick Taylor
The Human Body: Concepts of Anatomy and Physiology helps encourage learning through concept building, and is truly written with the student in mind. Learning Concepts divide each chapter into easily absorbed subunits of information, making learning more achievable. Since students in a one-semester course may have little experience with biological and chemical concepts, giving them tools such as Concept Statements, Concept Check Questions, and a Concept Block Study Sheet at the end of each chapter help them relate complex ideas to simple everyday events.
With additional, powerful options like the ADAM Interactive Anatomy Online Student Lab Activity Guide, students have access to learning activities to help them study, understand, and retain critical course information.
Each new print copy of The Human Body: Concepts of Anatomy and Physiology, Third Edition includes an access code for the Navigate 2 Companion Website.
See the accompanying Student Notebook and Study Guide for The Human Body; it reinvents the traditional study guide by giving students a tool to help grasp information in class and then reinforce learning outside of class.
Features and Benefits
- Learning Objectives
- Key Terms
- Concept Statements
- Concept Checks
- Learning Questions in Figure Legends (with answers at end of chapter)
- Health Clinic box
- Clinical Terms and Definitions
- Concept Block Study Sheet
- End-of-Chapter Review Questions, including multiple choice and critical-thinking questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 Introduction to the Human Body
- Chapter 2 The Chemical Foundation of Life
- Chapter 3 Cells: The Basis of Life
- Chapter 4 Tissues
- Chapter 5 The Integumentary System
- Chapter 6 The Skeletal System
- Chapter 7 The Muscular System
- Chapter 8 The Nervous System
- Chapter 9 Sensation
- Chapter 10 The Endocrine System
- Chapter 11 The Blood
- Chapter 12 The Cardiovascular System
- Chapter 13 The Lymphatic System and the Body’s Defenses
- Chapter 14 The Respiratory System
- Chapter 15 The Digestive System
- Chapter 16 The Urinary System
- Chapter 17 The Reproductive System
- Chapter 18 Human Development and Inheritance