Academic book request
Inspection copies are available to lecturers considering books for courses. If you teach a relevant course of 12 or more students, please complete the form below with the details. We also kindly request that you provide feedback on any textbook you receive within 60 days of receipt.
Please note that outside of the UK, we can only provide eBooks. All requests are subject to our approval, further details regarding T&Cs may be found on our website.
Burton’s Microbiology for the Health SciencesAuthor: Paul Engelkirk
Burton’s Microbiology for the Health Sciences, Eleventh Edition remains the only microbiology text written specifically for the Allied Health/Nursing Introductory Microbiology course as outlined by the American Society for Microbiology. Emphasizing the relevance of microbiology to a career in the health professions, the book provides the vital microbiology information students need to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases. Enhanced by the expertise of a new lead author, the Eleventh Edition maintains its student friendly approach while adding new animations and videos and up-to-date coverage of key topics.
Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Premier Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Features and Benefits
- Includes an access code for Navigate 2 Premier Access online learning materials, which includes an interactive eBook, Navigate 2 TestPrep, Health Professions Basic Math Review, Animations, Appendices, Online Study Guide, and Student Review Questions.
- New coverage includes the latest information on Ebola and Zika viruses, C-Diff, epidemic and pandemic viruses, specimen collection and lab procedures for identification of pathogens, and health care-associated infections caused by multi-drug resistant organisms.
- More than 24 online animations and videos help you master difficult concepts.
- More than 50 Study Aid boxes summarize key information, explain difficult concepts, and differentiate similar-sounding terms.
- Self-Assessment Exercises help you gauge your understanding of what you have learned.