Class Professional Publishing is delighted to announce the launch of their brand new CPD app, ParaPass, offering a new format of learning on the move!
The app presents JRCALC:CPD and Standby CPD on one new and expansive platform and includes brand new tools and information to support paramedic learning and development.
In this blog we’ll investigate the key features of the app, including transitioning from JRCALC:CPD and Standby CPD to ParaPass, compatible platforms, pricing, how to access old certificates and FAQs.
- Includes content from JRCALC:CPD, Standby CPD and new case studies with quizzes.
- Access all available content during your subscription period. New content will continue to be released and made available to anyone who has a current subscription.
- Case scenarios on pre-hospital practice, covering a range of topics including overdose, paediatrics, pain management, head injury and sepsis.
- Access hundreds of multiple choice quiz questions on the JRCALC Guidelines and paramedic practice, covering the full breadth of paramedic practice, from vulnerable patient groups to obstetrics to trauma.
- Quizzes are arranged in multiple ways, including broken down by JRCALC guideline, to facilitate specialised learning.
- Self-assessment questions, to support reflective practice.
- Standby CPD: Evidence-based discussions on a wealth of anatomy, physiology, pathology and pharmacology topics.
- New refreshed and user-friendly design.
- CPD certificates, so you can evidence your learning.
- The contributors provide a breadth of experience and perspectives, working on the road, in primary care and healthcare education.
- JRCALC:CPD quizzes have been updated to reflect the latest clinical practice guidelines, and questions that are no longer relevant have been removed.
- Works offline so if you don’t have any signal, it’s no problem.
- Now also available as a website so you can learn at home or on station.
JRCALC:CPD to ParaPass transition
The ParaPass app replaces the JRCALC:CPD app.
If you have an active subscription to JRCALC:CPD, you will automatically be given a subscription to ParaPass.
If you have the JRCALC:CPD app installed on your iOS or Android device, you will need to update to the new version via the iOS App Store/Google Play. If your device is not set to automatically update, you will need to go into the iOS App Store/Google Play to update.
You will be able to log in to the ParaPass app with the same email address and password that you used for JRCALC:CPD. You can reset your password by visiting www.parapass.co.uk
ParaPass works on an ‘in or out’ basis. If you have a subscription, you can access all content but, if your subscription lapses, you will no longer be able to access anything.
Your JRCALC:CPD quiz results will be available on ParaPass, although please do note that these will no longer be arranged by units, instead they will be by guideline.
Want to access the old JRCALC:CPD? We will be making an archive version available for one month after the launch of ParaPass.
Standby CPD to ParaPass Transition
All content from Standby CPD and the relevant quizzes from Standby CPD appear in ParaPass.
Standby CPD readers, you will shortly be given a free upgrade to ParaPass as part of your current subscription. Look out for more details on this soon. Do not be tempted to buy a new subscription to ParaPass!
Pricing & Payment Methods
How much is ParaPass?
ParaPass costs £3.99 a month, if you opt to pay monthly, or £39.99 annually.
If you are a Standby CPD customer and still want to receive a print copy of Standby CPD. we’re offering a third option:
ParaPass annual subscription PLUS Standby CPD print subscription: £60
How do I pay?
Subscriptions can be purchased as an in-app purchase on the iOS App Store or Google Play. You can also subscribe by logging in at www.parapass.co.uk and paying via WorldPay.
ParaPass is available on iOS, Android and via a website
JRCALC:CPD users who wish to download your old JRCALC:CPD certificates can do so at www.parapass.co.uk. You will need to log in and click on My Account. Under Your Purchases and Results, a list of Units will show. Click on the magnifying glass to bring up your results. Certificates can then be downloaded. Old results data will show, but certificates can only be obtained if a unit was completed.
Still have a question? Please click HERE for our ParaPass FAQs or contact us on email@example.com